Monday, August 9, 2010

Part 1



Go deep into the sense of 'I am' and you will find. 
Focus your mind on 'I am' which is pure and simple being. 
Take the first step first.
All blessings come from within.
Turn within.
'I am' you know.


Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi


Be with it all the time you can spare
until you revert to it spontaneously.

There is no simpler and easier way.
Before all beginnings, after all endings -- I am.

All has its being in me, in the 'I am'
that shines in every living being.
On a deeper level my experience is your experience.

Dive deep within yourself 
and you will find it easily and simply.

Go in the direction of 'I am'.

How do you find a thing you have mislaid or forgotten?
You keep it in your mind until you recall it.

The sense of being,
of 'I am',
is the first to emerge.
As yourself whence it comes,
or just watch it quietly.

When the mind stays in the 'I am', without moving,
you enter a state that cannot be verbalized
but can be experienced.
All you need to do is to try and try again.

Bring your self into focus,
become aware of your own existence.
See how you function,
watch the motives and results of your actions.

Study the prison you have built around yourself,
by inadvertance.

What is supremely important is to be free from contradictions:
the goal and the way must not be on different levels; 
life and light must not quarrel; 
behavior must not betray belief.
Call it honesty, integrity, wholeness; 
you must not go back, undo, uproot, 
abandon the conquered ground. 
Tenacity of purpose 
and honesty in pursuit will bring you to your goal.

We discover it by being earnest,
by searching, inquiring, questioning daily and hourly,
by giving one's life to this discovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment